Cardigan Bay Walks and Hikes
External link to BBC programme of walk from New Quay to Llangrannog
The Wales Coast Path is now well established, with clear signing and spectacular walking especialy along the stretch from Cardigan to Borth.
The coast and countryside around Cardigan Bay is ideal hiking country, offering a delightful range of walks for both experienced and casual walkers.
Above is a map of some of the circular and linear walks and hikes for you to enjoy around Cardigan Bay. Follow the links ablove to download the maps, which come complete
with useful information on special points of interest along the way.
- Seaside saunters along the fronts of coastal towns and villages
- Delightful strolls along country lanes with ancient hedgerows full of wild flowers
- Invigorating walks across wild headlands with stunning views of the rugged coastline of Cardigan Bay
- Challenging mountain hikes in the remote uplands of the Cambrian Mountains
- Riverside rambles along the Teifi, Aeron Rheidol and Ystwyth valleys.
Cardigan Bay has a number of really useful little buses to help with walks between the hamlets and villages along the coast path. Details of bus routes and timetables here.
has a list of 10 walks in Pembrokeshire and around Cardigan Bay including a circular walk around Dinas Head near Newport
The wild life, flora and fauna of Cardiganshire Coast and Country are truly remarkable. Red Kites and Buzzards soar above whilst Dolphins and seals swim in the bay. Otters rare orchids and hundreds of other plants, birds and animals are all here of you to experience and enjoy.